Which Android App is Right for You?
Even with all the improvements to regular cell phones, they are still no match for the capabilities of the Smart Phone. Entertainment is one of the many services an Android phone offers, along with the usual ones of pictures and videos.
Android phones offer enhancement of every day life by the different applications that are available. The good news is that you can get your Android phone to do pretty much anything you want. There are so many wonderful applications that are free it is hard to pick the ones you really need. We have compiled a list of the cream of the crop applications for your Android.
- The SA Tip Calculator is definitely something that you want to have on your phone. There are lots of people who have difficulty figuring out what kind of tip to leave when they eat at a restaurant. The usual tip for a server is fifteen percent. It’s easy enough to figure out fifteen percent of an entire bill but what if you are only paying for what you ate? This when the SA Tip Calculator becomes a very handy app to have! You will easily be able to figure out how much to tip for the portion of the bill you are paying (or for an entire bill if you need help with that too). This app can also help you figure out how much you will pay in sales tax. It is an incredibly handy free Android app.
- Calorie Counter is a free Android app that was developed by FatSecret. It is kept in the lifestyle area of the Android market for apps. Scan a food item’s bar code with your camera and then use the app to look up the nutritional value of that item. It is also helpful in restaurants. You can even use this free Android application to track all of the food that you are eating. If you are on a strict diet, this is an incredibly handy application to have on hand because it can help you stick to the diet that you have to follow.
- The USA Today App is a free application from the Android Market that allows you to keep up with news and weather conditions. Lots of people say that they want to keep up with the news and headlines. Many of these same people say that trying to keep up with everything is usually time consuming and costly. Android’s USA Today app makes these excuses null and void. The free app allows you to check the news and weather when it is convenient, whether you are in line at the store or having a quiet moment at work.
- A company called Most Popular Download developed a free Android application called My Coupons, which is tremendously useful for the Android user who savors the thought of saving money when he or she goes shopping. This free app for Android phones makes it possible for you to get coupons for shopping and even helps you find free meal deals in any given neighborhood. Cashiers can scan barcodes that are displayed on your phone or you can print them from your home computer and use them the way traditional coupons are used.
- For the hungry and chintzy shopper, this is by far one of the most important free Android applications. Meebo is one of the top free Android applications for instant messaging. What makes this application so popular? With just one app you can be logged in to all of your messaging clients. MSN, Yahoo, AIM, Myspace IM, Jabber and even Google Talk can be managed through it. You will even have a Meebo account which will allow you to keep track of your chatting records. Keeping track of and accessing all of your chat histories is easier than ever because Meebo can be accessed from any computer!
- One of the top three Free Android applications is Shop Savvy. This is the application that you use if you want to make sure that you are always getting the best deal. Use the camera in your Android phone to scan the bar code of the item you are considering buying. Upload the photo to Shop Savvy. The application uses the Internet to tell you where else you can buy that product. The application then lists the sale price at each store. This way you can make sure that you are always getting the best deal for everything that you buy.
The Android Market
There are so many different free applications available in the Android Market that choosing the best and most useful can be very time consuming. Your first urge will probably be to download the whole Android Market and then sort through it as you have time. Why waste your time and disk space with this approach instead of just downloading a few of the top free Android applications when you have the time to do so? Doing it this way will save you effort, time and it won’t cost you any money!